International Seminar SEMANTIKS & PRASASTI 2023 Theme: Language in the Workplace
CALL FOR PAPER
International Seminar SEMANTIKS & PRASASTI 2023
Theme: Language in the Workplace
Language in the workplace has been increasingly interesting object of language study. The gathering of language speakers with various social and cultural backgrounds makes the workplace a rich place with linguistic data for research. Varieties of spoken or written language, interaction between co-workers, miscommunication, meaning coming up in the interaction, the new technical terms related to certain professions, and language for virtual work are some many phenomena of language in the workplace that can become the object of linguistic research.
This seminar will bring together linguists, scholars, teachers, researchers, practitioners engaged in research on language in the workplace to share their ideas, insights, experiences, and so on.
- Research on Language in the workplace
- Communication in the workplace
- Language in Media
- Language in Education
- Language in online business
- Language in Literature
- Language in Tourism
- Other themes related to the main theme are welcome.
1. Prof. Handoyo Puji Widodo, Ph.D. (King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia): Workplace as a Site of Language Research
2. Associate Prof. Dr. Bahtiar Mohamad (Universiti Utara Malaysia)
3. Dr. Ida Kusuma Dewi, M.A. (Universitas Sebelas Maret)
4. Prof. Dr. Jufrizal, M.Hum. (Universitas Negeri Padang): “Word-Order Typology of Minangkabaunese: How should it be assigned?”
5. Dr. Edy Jauhari, M.Hum. (Universitas Airlangga Surabaya)
Working Language: English or Bahasa Indonesia/ Bahasa Malaysia for the keynote speech, English for the fullpapers.
Publication: WOS indexed proceedings (Atlantis); Transling Journal
Seminar Date: November 7, 2023
Full-paper submission deadline: Augustu 30, 2023
- Full-paper is written in English for the indexed proceedings based on the suggested TEMPLATE
- The paper include Introduction, literature review, method, findings & discussions, conclusion, acknowledgment, references
- Full-paper must be revised according to the reviewers’ suggestion.
- Submission process by email email@example.com
- All accepted full-paper should be presented in posters. All authors will get a seminar certificate as presenter, and all paper will be published in an indexed proceedings (atlantis)
Notification of acceptance: September 7, 2023
Revised full-paper submission deadline: September 30, 2023
Registration and payment deadline: October 16, 2023
Venue: Tower 11 Hotel, Universitas Sebelas Maret
1. International Presenter: US$ 125
2. Indonesian Presenter: IDR 1,875,000
3. International Participants: US$ 50
4. Indonesian Participants: IDR 500,000